The greatest asset a person has is his Imān. To constantly think
about improving it is something which really pleases the Almighty and which
earns us His special help in this regard.
Here are a few measures which may prove helpful to you:
1) Take out some time regularly everyday to study the Qur’ān with specific
stress on its meanings.
2) Develop a habit of gradually memorizing parts of the Qur’ān. Recite these
parts in your daily prayers. This will make you feel closer to your Allah and
will also make your prayers more involving. Needless to say that you should have
an idea of all that you are reciting in your prayer.
3) Memorize the supplications (Ad‘iyah) of the Prophet (sws), and remember to
recite them at appropriate times of the day.
4) Spend as much time as is possible in the company of pious people. Perhaps
you will find such company at your local Islamic centre.
5) Whenever you feel depressed or low, recount the blessings of Allah which
you have, and which others around you may not have.
May Allah always bless you with the concern of increasing your Imān -- as
this in itself is a sign of Imān.