Following are some of the
important guidelines Islam gives to the makers of foreign policy of a Muslim
1. No aggression should be launched
against a non-Muslim country to forcibly make it accept Islam or to annex it.
2. All contracts with various countries
must be honoured in all circumstances -- unless of course the other country
breaks or revises them.
3. War can only be declared on another
country, whether Muslim or non-Muslim, if that country is guilty of oppression
and tyranny and diplomatic talks fail. Here again war does not become
obligatory; it merely becomes permissible.
4. Friendly ties should be initiated
with all the countries of the world whatever be their religion.
5. The enmity of some country should not
stop a Muslim country from being fair and just towards that country.