|Silence is often construed as a weakness.
It certainly is when the time is to speak out. However, at
many other times, silence is a great teacher and a very useful
companion. There is a famous Persian saying that says:
“Silence has a meaning that even words cannot express.”
Wonders can be worked if a conscious effort is made to take
advantage of this great tool.
Here are some compelling virtues of
1. It gives us a lot of time to reflect and
deliberate on various issues. In fact, at times this
deliberation may take us to the crux of some problem faced.
2. It teaches us to listen to other people
very intently. If we are able to grasp the true purport of a
conversation, we will be able to give a very correct response
3. It is also a good way to show our
protest and distaste at something that is bad and that we
would not like to be a part of.
4. It teaches us that to speak when we are
sure that what we are saying is correct and will have an
5. It offers us the best opportunity to
evaluate ourselves and critically analyze our shortcomings.
6. It also gives us the time to thank God
for His tremendous favours.
7. Those who speak less are often heard
more because what they utter is very well thought of.
8. Silence makes us internally strong if we
use it to analyze our set of potentials and abilities.
9. At times, it changes the rudeness of
others into realization of his / her folly. This is because a
lack of reaction to a behaviour will make that person rethink.
10. Silence produces the traits of
composure and integrity in a person, as a result of which he
is able to influence those around him.