being on this earth has some innate talent and ability which
is more pronounced than the rest. In fact, it is this talent
which shapes his aptitude for certain tasks. This talent and
ability can become formidable if it is recognized at the right
time. This is because talents are generally found in raw form
and need to be groomed and developed.
neither our parents nor our educational system generally help
in discovering our latent talents. The result is that people
deprive themselves of their own inner potential. Instead of
discovering them, more time is spent on wishful thinking, day
dreaming and making castles in the air.
Yet, it is never
too late. Whatever our age, we can begin the exercise to
discover our inner talent. Here are ten questions which may
help us in determining it.
1. What do you think you are naturally
2. How would you use a gift of a handsome
amount of money if it is given to you to be spent for a cause,
issue or problem?
3. What activities make you lose track of
4. Which qualities of a person inspire
5. If you had to teach something, what
would you teach?
6. If you were to give a message to a
large group of people what would it be?
7. Who are your heroes and why?
8. People say: “Oh, you are so good at …”
9. What do people typically ask you for
10. In which fields / subjects have you
won praise or awards?
Discovering our inner talent can
radically transform our lives. Let’s begin today!